Rules of futsal for newbies
Football rules are known by everyone but what about futsal? Here’s what you need to know to play the game.
- Each team consists of four outfield players and a goalkeeper.
- There is no restriction on the number of substitutions that may be made during the match.
- There are no offsides in futsal.
- There is no overtime, injury time and stoppage time.
- Futsal matches comprise of two 20 minute halves of actual playing time. Clock is stopped when ball goes out of play.
- Teams are entitled to a one-minute time-out in each half.
- Goalkeepers may not possess the ball for more than four seconds in their own half.
- If a team commits a sixth accumulated foul, the opposing side may take the free-kick awarded to them without a wall.
- Three referees oversee the action. One on either touchline, one to liaise with the timekeeper and another one to communicate calls.
- Goal clearances must be thrown not kicked out.
/ 1 day ago
The following items have been banned from Premier League stadiums because they are either...